As a member of WCAN, you'll receive periodic reports on major developments regarding the workers' compensation system.
When you are filling out the information be sure to check the boxes that indicate what your interests. You can select as many as you wish from the following activities:
· Sign up for the email newsletter
· Meet with my legislator
· Write a letter-to-the-editor
· Write or call my legislator
· Distribute materials
· Make a financial contribution
· Place a newsletter article
· Communicate with employees/members
· Volunteer to speak at local events
· Link to the WCAN Web site
-- OR --
Download and fax a Join Us form.
"Recent decisions by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) concluded that the current system used to measure permanent disability (PD) in workers' compensation claims can be challenged. This analysis discusses how the WCAB's decisions could lead to (1) changes in PD ratings, (2) increased incentive for litigation, and (3) decreased uniformity in determining PD. Ultimately, the likely result would be increased benefits for workers and higher costs for businesses and governments."
- Legislative Analyst's Office, October 2009
© 2015 - Workers' Compensation Action Network